Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Doll nicknames

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm fascinated with the historical doll nicknames. I've heard some of you call Felicity "Lissie" and Josefina "Josie". What do you all plan on calling Elizabeth? Beth? Liza? Ellie? Liz? Lizzie? Did she have a nickname in the books? Will the pair be Lissie and Lizzie? Did Ruthie ever get called Ruth in the books or was Samantha called "Sam"?

    Julia

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know Felicity's dad calls her Lissie in the books, and I'm guessing that's why people here do, too. I know Elizabeth's sister calls her Bitsy in the book, but she hates that and insists that she call her Elizabeth stating if she calls her Bitsy again that she will call her Annabelle Bananabelle.

    Oh and Samantha's Uncle Gard calls her Sam, too.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 13, 2005 11:28 AM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

  3. #3
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    I'll probably just call her Elizabeth, but I'm partial to Beth as a nickname. I've never cared for names such as Liz and Lizzie so those are out for me. I can understand why in the books she doesn't like being called Bitsy. I'd have a fit too if I was in her position.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any of those nicknames are better than "Lizard Breath"...

    Taffy

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SunnyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Libby as the short form of Elizabeth! Still undecided about her. I am madly falling for AGOT 14 with the dark hair and blue eyes! My Sunny is a dark haired baby and I think she needs a dark haired sister.

    Plus I love Kirsten and think she will be our only blonde!

    Does anyone have AGOT 14 is she as pretty as her pics?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ive always liked Lizbeth as a nickname for Elizabeth although its really not any shorter! I actually dont mind Bitsy that much, but I wouldnt call her that if I got her (which I wont anyway) since in the books she doesnt like it. Im small too so Im used to getting nicknames that refer to my size but I think its cute.

    AGnan, thats so funny cuz Im the exact opposite! I dont like the name Beth at all, Ive had bad run ins with that name, it just sounds prissy or something to me. But I dont really like Liz or Lizzie either. My other pet peeve is that most people say Uhh-lizabeth. Its supposed to be Eee-lizabeth. But thats because Elizabeth is my middle name and I love the flow of my full name; Rachel Ee-lizabeth. [img]smile.gif[/img] LOL Ive actually heard of some people spelling it Alizabeth since thats how most people say it. The nerve of some people! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 13, 2005 01:53 PM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just ask my five year old what her name is....

    EEEEE li S (with an s!) A beth,

    God forbid you spell it with a z by mistake.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mom_to_an_americangirl:
    Just ask my five year old what her name is....

    EEEEE li S (with an s!) A beth,

    God forbid you spell it with a z by mistake.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, thats great. Your daughter reminds me of me. It cracks me up how particular we get about our names. Such as; I dont understand why some people spell my name -ael or -eal (whichever it is) at the end. And most people assume thats how I spell it so Im always correcting people about that. How did the extra a get in there in the first place??

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by shortie421:
    My other pet peeve is that most people say Uhh-lizabeth. Its supposed to be Eee-lizabeth. But thats because Elizabeth is my middle name and I love the flow of my full name; Rachel Ee-lizabeth. [img]smile.gif[/img] LOL Ive actually heard of some people spelling it Alizabeth since thats how most people say it. The nerve of some people! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm one of those nervy people, I guess. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] But I can't help it, it's my accent. I say A-lizabeth, Filicity and Pinny. It would take great effort for me to slow down and correctly pronounce each of those correctly. I know it's annoying to other people, especially to my sister, whose baby girl is A-livia. [img]redface.gif[/img] For Olivia, I make the extra effort, but it comes out O!livia. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For Rachel:

    How did the extra a get in there in the first place??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really don't know. My good friend has a daughter and when she called to tell me and what she named her she said it's spelled like "Michael". But, you don't say Michael like Mytchel either, so I still don't see how the two names are related.

    My cousin has a two year old son that they named Lleyton and just had a daughter named Llelani. Yup, those are the spellings! They plan on calling her Laney (rhymes with plane-y). Oh well, to each his own.

    For doll nicknames, I really don't like Josie for Josefina at all, and it really annoys me when people pronounce the "j" sound, it is supposed to be "h". She is Mexican, not Italian! I guess when writing, I'll write Sam, but we always call her Samantha.

    If we get her, Elizabeth will probably stay as Elizabeth.

    Laurie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •